Monday, October 21, 2019

It's raining apples

The apple blogger's complaint

Four apples
Clockwise from right: Ashmead's Kernel, Macoun, Wickson, Baldwin

It is glorious October! At this point in the season my refrigerator overflows with Ashmead's Kernel, Macoun, Wickson, and Baldwin.

But can I eat them? I can not.

I also have many other varieties to evaluate. Some are from readers who are no doubt wondering when I am going to publish.

Each apple requires a lot of attention. They can ramify into new questions requiring more photos, thought, tasting, writing.

Okay, a job for the World's Tiniest Violin, I am sure. But it all gets kind of intense and recently


Oh, I needed that. Back to the salt mines.

Thanks for your patience, you all.

2 comments:

  1. If appearances of the apples are usual, i think we should be reading the photos from top right. Also, I'm so freaking jealous you have ashmeads, macoun and wickson right there. I can't get any of these in Australia and i REALLY WANT THEM! Haha, I'll stop shouting now :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.