Thursday, January 4, 2024

A tip of the new-year's hat to you and your comments

Overlapping speach bubbles with a drawing of an apple in the topmost one

My original thought, in 2008, was to blog about apples for a year, then find something else to do. ¶ 

I would not have continued after that first year but for the comments I began to get from readers. They are both learned and, for me, validating.

You make this place richer and more interesting.

Changes in browser technology, however, are making it harder to comment, and to know when someone has replied to a comment.

I want to thank readers who share their thoughts here, and try to address those tech issues.

But first,

Oh, and spam

The price of fame turns out to be tons of spam comments. You never see them because I review every comment before approving the legitimate ones. 

I don't have the option of whitelisting regular commenters, or I would do so.

But that means when you post a comment, it waits for me to approve it. I will! and there is no need to post twice.

Comments as conversation

If you post a comment using your Google account, you can be notified if someone replies to you. You can also check a box to be notified if anyone comments on the same post you did.

You can reply.

This takes commenting to another level: conversation.

Unfortunately

It is harder to post using a Google account today. You may have tried to do so and been frustrated by obscure instructions to "check your browser configuration."

I value your comments even if anonymous. But if you'd like to link your replies to your account, but can't, then this guide may help you.

And thank you

This post is just to explain, not to badger.

It's your choice how, and whether, to interact with this blog. I am glad when I hear from you, on your terms. 

That absolutely includes anonymous comments.

Please share your thoughts however you see fit! I'll be grateful.

Link: how to make commenting work (if you can't comment from your account and want to)

"Apple word balloons" created from public-domain images from Rawpixel and Pixabay.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I’ve been enjoying your apple blog for years, and I’m happy to be able to comment. I’ve tried in the past , but probably haven’t been successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always learning…Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.