Thursday, October 5, 2023

Solar Flair

Sun and shadows on wiiden bins full of apples
Light from the setting sun falls on the apples at the Arlington, Massachusetts, farmers' market yesterday. ¶ 

There were more than 18 different kinds of apples at farmers' market on October 4.

"More than" because if these vendors can't be bothered to identify what they sell then why should I? 

This practice seems to be spreading and I am on strike. (But see my final note below.)

I would like to know who buys these unidentified apples. And why.

Apples in wooden bins, with hand-lettered signs

In any case the honor roll includes the following, with newcomers in italics.

Eighteen (plus) is not a huge leap from last week's tally.

Pretty sure I spotted Wickson amongst the unknowns.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.