Skip to main content

It begins

A wooden bin piled high with green apples. A hand lettered sign in purple ink says "A tart, early season baking apple."
A taste of things to come at the Arlington Farmers Market on July 19.

The note says "baking apple," a fair assessment of Lodi, which never seems to be very good for eating out of hand.

Still it is a harbinger of delights to come.

This spring has not been kind to local orchards, but hope blooms when the early apples appear at farmers market.

Comments

  1. Today, July 20, I harvested my Lodi apples. I've been eating them for a week (see the pucker?). They were marginally sweeter today.

    My best crop ever.

    I was able to donate 151.2 lbs. to a local food bank and they were elated to get them. Saved a few to continue eating until the Pristine are ready on August 7, and enough to make a pie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.