Monday, October 10, 2011

A feast for the eyes

Toronto apple enthusiast Suzanne Long has a wonderful set of photos from an apple tasting in Dobbington, Ontario last weekend (the Canadian thanksgiving).

Suzanne writes she is

still reeling from Saturday's road trip to a new-to-me grower's tasting. An almost overwhelming list of old varieties I'd only read about.

Update: Suzanne writes

the tasting was at O'Keefe Grange, owned by Bill and Lyn O'Keefe, the wonderful hosts of the annual Thanksgiving apple tasting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an event! Almost ten years ago, too. Just looking makes me hungry for good apples. I've had a few of those, but most are new to me. I wonder how hard those Canadian varieties would be to find in the US?

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.