Sunday, January 1, 2023

Cheers!

A gentleman in formal dress lifts a champaign glass (of cider!) and prepares to make a toast.

Not a bad year for an apple blog that was supposed to end in 2009!

(That was the original idea.)

I got to review 17 apples in 2022, in large part thanks to the generosity of readers.

Every year, it's a greater challenge to find "new" (to me) apples to add to my gallery

It was easy, in 2008, to discover 44 varieties by visiting orchards, farmstands, farmers markets, and supermarkets. 

The low-water mark came in 2018, when I only found 3 apples to try.

Thank You

Of my 17 2022 varieties, all but 2 came from readers.

So, many grateful thanks to David, Jesse, Brad, Jason, Joel, Mike, and, of course, Pete!

The other part of my virtual orchard lives in my readers, and your many comments to my posts, and to each other.

There are too many of you to thank individually—and many of you post anonymously. 

(That's fine, but did you know you could sign your posts with a name or alias? Or if you use your Google account you can be notified when someone replies to you?)

But if I never heard from you, I probably would not keep this blog going.

Best wishes for a prosperous and happy 2023!

Raising a glass (cider of course!) courtesy of publicdomainvectors.org.

2 comments:

  1. Still enjoying it. 2022 was a bad year for our orchard, but if we get lucky, and we are due, we will try to send you a few more varieties you haven’t yet reviewed.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.