Skip to main content

Spring cleaning

Do you like the new look? ¶ 

A bar of soap sitting on a sponge
I have upgraded the software behind this site. If you spot problems here, please let me know. ¶ 

The new software improves the experience here for mobile users. According to Google, two thirds of the visits to this website are from people using their phones.

I hope I have managed this improvement without degrading the experience on desktop. My own testing suggests that nearly everything still works, though some things work differently.

Plus ça change (I hope)

Now, if you read this blog on a phone or tablet, or any browser window that is sufficiently narrow or zoomed in, the sidebar at right will collapse into a three-lines menu at upper right.

Three horizontal white lines on a dark green field

Click it to view the sidebar matter.

Which is substantial.

Despite my best efforts, there are bound to be individual pages with deformed formatting or broken functionality. I will be grateful if you tell me about anything like that, or ways in which the new site is unacceptable.

I value all my readers very much, and can revert back if I have to.

Reach me by leaving a comment, or using the email address on my profile page.

This project was harder and more time consuming than I had anticipated, to the point that it has taken me away from writing.

I'd like to thank Arkadiusz Narowski, a product expert for Blogger, for advice about a particularly gnarly problem.

I last revised the blog software in 2010.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. I am a mobile device user! Thank you for considering our experiences!
    PS: Just planted my own Cox tree & eager to try its fruits! 🍎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes for the Cox's! I am aware of some issues with the title block on phones. I am hoping to get that squared away today.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.