Thursday, February 16, 2023

Beauty sleep

Buds on the tips of the apple trees
Despite 60° (F) weather, apple buds are dormant on the trees at Hutchins Farm in Concord, Massachusetts, earlier today.

As a follow-up to yesterday's substantially revised report, it looks as though the warm weather here has not roused the apple trees from their protective winter sleep.

Winter is not done with us yet.

Were the apple trees to wake up in February, their buds would be vulnerable to cold weather. 

No buds, no blossoms; no blossoms, no apples.


2 comments:

  1. It's a pity that not everyone feels it, but I tend to buy just apples at the pedia store, but it's just less natural and my area has a tropical climate, it's definitely more pleasant if you want to come to my country. introduce my name is Rofinus Bria from Indonesia.. it's nice to know you who and where are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Linrof01semogaingat, I still live right where my profile says, in Massachusetts (North America).

    What kinds of apples are good where you live?

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.