Thursday, June 9, 2011

New ways to slice these apples

Blogger has invented some new ways to view this blog.

Snapshot shows all my photos on a single page. Mosaic makes an interesting collage.

My favorite of these alternative views is the once called Flipcard, when sorted by date. This shows a sort of histogram of blog posts per month, each post represented by a thumbnail image or text.

Unfortunately I can't link directly to Flipcard by date. To see what I am talking about, click on Flipcard and then select "Date" from the choices at top right.

You can add posts by clicking "load more." Click enough and you can load my whole blog on one page. Still in backwards order though: to see it first-to-last check out my journey page.

There are other options too, though I feel they don't work as well with my blog. Try them and see what you think.

Flipcard and Snapshot give my own page of apple images a run for its money.

Update: Blogger has added a new minimalist format for mobile devices. So if you are at an orchard or farm stand and want to ID fruit: there's an app for that!

Note if you scroll down there is a link to the traditional layout from the mobile page, if you prefer that. Please let me know how that works for you.

If you are reading this on a sessile device you can experience this layout


though you may have to resize the browser window for the full effect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.