Skip to main content

Happy anniversary

Eighteen is something like 180 in internet years. I never imagined when I started this blog in 2008 (an experiment writing about "a year of apples" ) that I'd learn so much, or that I'd still be learning and blogging in 2026. ¶ 

Wax candles in the form of the digets 1 and 8, on top of a birthday cake.

Possibly that year year-long commitment is what kept me going. I bagged 44 apples in the first six months (a number I have never matched in any subsequent full year). It would have been easy to quit when things inevitably got harder to write about in the winter.

Instead I ploughed on until the next late July. Of course by then the whole wonderful show was just beginning again, and I was hooked.

A journey and a catalog

My earliest posts include some howlers, but I have left them uncorrected (except for providing better photos in same places) to document my own growth and understanding

It is perhaps self indulgent, but for me this blog is not a mere catalog, but a personal journey that you, gentle reader, are invited to share.

See you at farmers market.

Photo: Jiří Sojka CC BY 3.0

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Adam! Most bloggers give up after a few weeks. You make my blog look weak with its mere 16 years. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything older than a decade is equally ancient! Congratulations yourself.

      Delete
  2. As someone who grew up in the 1960s on an apple orchard, I love reading your blog. It brings back some great memories. Thanks for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. Here's to both past and next latest reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for that still-standing blog, mate xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Join the conversation! We'd love to know what you think.